In December 2001, the former General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China issued the “Mandatory product certification management regulations” to replace the original imported product safety and quality licensing system and electrical product safety certification system with a compulsory product certification system. China Compulsory Product Certification is referred to as CCC certification or 3C certification. It is a statutory compulsory safety certification system, and it is also an internationally adopted basic practice to protect the rights and interests of consumers. Products in the “Compulsory Product Certification Catalogue” include household appliances, automobiles, low-voltage electrical appliances, lamps, wires and cables, toys and other products.
As the leading certification body of CCC certification, CQC has undertaken the certification of 17 categories in the total 20 categories in CCC certification catalogue, providing certification services to customers world-wide, and the number of certificates issued ranks the top among all certification bodies. Products listed in the Chinese market can only be affixed with the CCC certification mark and used in factory, sales, import or other business activities only if they have obtained the certificate from a designated certification body.
Therefore, CQC is your best choice for CCC certification.
Product Category for CCC
The Compulsory Product Certification covers 135 products divided into 20 categories, including household appliances, motor vehicles, motorcycles, safety glasses, medical devices, lighting apparatus, cables and wires, etc. CQC (China Quality Certification Center) is appointed to undertake the work of compulsory product certification for 17 categories within the CCC catalogue.
- Electrical wires and cables (total 5 categories)
- Circuit switches, electric devices for protection or connection (total 6 categories)
- Low-voltage Electrical Apparatus (total 9 categories)
- Low power motors (total 1 category)
- Electric tools (total 16 categories)
- Welding machines (total 15 categories)
- Household and similar electrical appliances (total 18 categories)
- Audio and video apparatus (not including the audio apparatus for broadcasting service and automobiles) (total 16 categories)
- Information technology equipment (total 12 categories)
- Lighting apparatus (not including the lighting apparatus with the voltage lower than 36V) (total 2 categories)
- Telecommunication Terminal equipment (total 9 categories)
- Motor vehicles and Safety Parts (total 4 categories)
- Motor vehicle Tyres (total 3 categories)
- Safety Glasses (total 3 categories)
- Agricultural Machinery (total 1 category)
- Latex Products (total 1 category)
- Medical Devices (total 7 categories)
- Fire Fighting Equipment (total 3 categories)
- Safety Protection Products (total 1 category)
General Application Process for CCC Approval
- Initial Review
- Quotation and Confirmation
- Application and Sample Submission
- Sample Testing (Technical Support and Assistance provided)
- Testing Completed with Test Report issued
- Initial Factory Inspection and arrangement for first-time factory (if applicable)
- Documents Review for Certification Approval
- Issue and Release of CCC Certificate
With a valid CCC certificate, the manufacturer can then proceed to either purchasing CCC labels, or applying for permission to stamp the CCC mark on the approved products. It is a requirement to apply the CCC mark on approved products before selling them in China.
- Latest version of CCIC Product Catalogue with HS Codes (Harmonized System Code), (Version: May 2008)
- Identify if your product is required by CCC Certificate
- Identify the HS Code and import duty of your product for export to China
- Request quote for the CCC Certification of your product
- Apply for CCC Waiver
- Apply for CCC Authorized Investigation Letter