China Quality Certification Centre (CQC)
CQC is an authoritative certification body with independent operation personnel approved by Certification and Accreditation Administration of People Republic of China (CNCA). It is the largest and of such organization in China and had issued the biggest number of certificates in China.
CQC headquarter is located in Beijing, P.R.C. It is a professional certification body established by AQSIQ. It has 11 sub-centers for product certification and 31 audit centers for management system certification in China, with 180 contracted testing laboratories and 17 CB laboratories.
CQC is one of the earliest institutions that provide specialized certification with over 20 years of experience as the former China Quality Certification Center for Import and Export established in 1993, and Secretariat of China Commission for Conformity Certification of Electrical Equipment (CCEE) established in 1984.
Main Businesses of CQC
Main businesses of CQC include China Compulsory Certification (CCC), CQC Mark Certification (voluntary certification promoted by China), management system certification, professional training, and international certification service.
CQC is authorized by CNCA to undertake China Compulsory Certification, covering 158 kinds of products in 17 categories including home appliance, motor vehicles, safety glass, medical equipment, electrical wires and cables, toys, etc. Up to May 2007, it has issued more than 230,000 CCC certificates. For products not governed by CCC, CQC has also provided voluntary certification business (called CQC Mark Certification), covering more than 500 kinds of products and issuing more than 20,000 certificates.
Management System Certification:
CQC can provide certification service on Quality Management System (QMS), Environment Management System (EMS), Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), almost covering all industries and providing comprehensive service to various organizations. Up to now, CQC has issued more than 25,000 management system certificates. At the same time, it has developed and extended its range of certification, offering certification in such fields as TS16949, ISO13485 and ISO27001.
CQC is a professional training body with the broadest business range accredited by CCAA, with its training business covering management system training and CCC training. Qualified trainees are issued relevant training certificates by CQC which can be used to apply to be registered as a qualified auditor. Meanwhile, CQC has strong ability in developing training courses, with over 60 courses at present, including the course on basic knowledge of CDM.
Accredited Qualification of CQC
- CQC is the first and only certification body in China to join IEC System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrical Equipment (IECEE) CB Scheme and can issue CB Test Certificates for 209 standards in 12 categories that can be recognized by 43 countries and regions within the CB Scheme.
- CQC has been a formal member of the International Certification Network (IQNet) since 2001. ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and OHSMS 18001 Certificates issued by CQC to organizations under IQNet are recognized by 38 member bodies in 34 countries and regions.
- CQC is a formal member of the International Federation of Organic of Agriculture Movement (IFOAM) and has launched the Organic product certification scheme.
- CQC is a full member of CITA.
- CQC is an official member of Asia Certification Network Forum (ANF).
- CQC is accredited by Japan government as a competent certification body of Product Safety of Electrical Appliance & Materials (PSE mark).
- CQC is a management system and product certification body approved by Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA).
- CQC is a training body approved by Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA) and accredited by China Certification & Accreditation Association (CCAA).
- CQC is a Quality Management System (ISO 9001), Environment Management System (ISO 14001), Occupational Health and Safety Management System (GB/T28001) and HACCP certification body accredited by China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS).
- CQC is a product certification body accredited by China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS).
- CQC is a formal member of China Certification & Accreditation Association (CCAA).
CQC Mark (Voluntary Product Certification)
Besides the Compulsory Product Certification (CCC mark), China Quality Certification Centre is also engaged in Voluntary Product Certification service (called CQC Mark certification). By using the CQC mark, the products shall be verified to conform to the requirements of the standards of quality, safety, environment and performance. Its scope involves more than 500 products. The purpose is to protect consumers’ interest in personal and property safety, to improve the product quality of domestic enterprises and increase the product competitiveness in the international market; and also to facilitate the smoother accession of foreign enterprises’ products into the domestic market.