Saudi Arabia’s Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) has imposed a water efficiency label requirement on water-saving products entering the Saudi market since January 2018. Suppliers (manufacturers, importers, or their authorized representatives) who violate this regulation will bear all legal liabilities arising therefrom.
SASO revised the Technical Regulations on Water Consumption Rationalization Tools (M.A-156-16-04-06) for the first time on August 28, 2020, and determined that the applicable scope of the regulations is as follows: Faucet for public toilet, faucet mixer for personal toilet/kitchen, faucet/shower mixer, flush, single flush/double flush toilet, toilet water tank, water flow regulator, flush urinal.
1. Test: The registered laboratory designated by SASO shall issue a water efficiency test report;
2. Registration: Saudi Arabian local importers submit applications in SASO Water Efficiency Product Registration System;
3. Acceptance: SASO directly accepts the application and distributes to the designated bodies for report review;
4. Evaluation: The designated body review the report after receiving the task;
5. Issuance: The water efficiency certificate and label shall be issued by SASO Water Efficiency Product Registration System
Water Efficiency Label